LEARN TO FLY FISH
7 - 24 Sep
Northern Suburbs Fly Fishing Club runs the best value fly fishing course in Australia. Our 4 week course culminates with a full day of fishing on a local water that will give you an opportunity to put into practice everything you have learnt.
During the course you will not only learn the basics of casting, you will get a solid introduction into the trout food and the flies that imitate them and the equipment you will need to get onto the water. Interspersed in all this you will be provided with the knowledge to catch fish.
During the course you will learn:
- How to cast. Lessons are conducted on our world class spot lit casting pool by internationally qualified casting instructors and past and current Australian casting champions.
- About fly fishing equipment. Fly fishing uses a lot of specialised equipment and your instructors will teach you how to set up and maintain your equipment.
- Entymology and Flies. Sounds scary but in simple terms you will be given an introduction into the bugs fish eat and the flies that imitate them.
- Knots and their different uses. No doubt when you start, you will tie some knots that can never be taught, but hopefully we can teach you some knots that will keep you attached to the fish of a life time.
- Safety. Interspersed throughout the course, your instructors will provide years of knowledge on how to be safe and stay alive on rivers, streams and lakes and in the Australian bush.
The cost of the course is $190 and includes membership to Australia's premier fly fishing Club, the Northern Suburbs Fly Fishing Club. Yes, we are proud of our Club. The cost of the course for current members is $120
Enquiries either thought the Contact page or drop into the Club.