This year the One Fly has returned to Tranquil Rises at Flowerdale. Tranquil Rises is a series of stocked dams holding Brown, Rainbow and Golden Trout, Golden Perch (Yellow Belly) and Murray Cod, check out their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Tranquil-Rises-Flowerdale-Fishing-Camp-and-Cabins-1434880803476057/?fref=ts.
Cost for the day is $35 (incl BBQ Lunch). Beer, wine and soft drink will be available for purchase. Fly Draw at 9am sharp, so donít be late.
Please ensure you let me know by phone or text on 0400883022, contact one of the club committee or put your name up on the board in the club room so we don't get caught short with the BBQ lunch.
Follow Collins Rd for about 500m, Tranquil Rises is the second property on the left, there is a trout on the fence at the gate, look for the NSFFC Teardrop sign at the next gate which is the access point to the facility.
Looking forward to seeing you there, cheers, John Smith.
Rules of the Competition
The rules of the competition can be found in the By Laws and Protocols of NSFFC and are as follows;
- Each participant to bring a fly of choice for the competition (wet fly only).
- All flies are allocated a number and a draw is held.
- Participants are in a team of two.
- Teams are drawn by a random ballot.
- Participants get the fly corresponding to the number they draw.
- The fly you draw is the only to be used for the competition.
- Repair of flies by re-tying is prohibited.
- Hooks may be sharpened at any time.
- Should you loose the fly your drew in the ballot you may continue to fish, but any fish caught on any fly other than the initial fly drawn will not count for the comp.
- Only trout count for the competition.
- Most Fish Caught.
- Heaviest Fish.
- Winning Fly (to the person who tied/provided the fly that was used to catch the most fish).